I am delighted to be one of the Directors of Lancaster & Heysham School Sport Network.
I have worked in both the Private and Public sectors of the PE and Sport industry over the last 17 years, in a range of differing roles, including:
- Professional Sports Coach - delivering high quality coaching sessions in varying sports, for all age groups in Primary/Secondary/Special schools, colleges, Universities, and clubs.
- Business Development Manager - Market research, funding bids.
- Competition Manager - organising and delivering sports competitions.
- School Games Organiser - working closley with partners to deliver a Government funded PE Programme.
- Coaching Assessor and Mentor - I assessed and mentored sports coaches from around Lancashire for Active Lancashire.
- School Sport Co-ordinator (SSCO) - I have devolped a successful programme where I work in collaboration with clusters of schools to provide sports coaching, CPD and events, all specific to their individual needs.
- Published Author & Course deliverer - My book - Multi-Skills: Scheme of Work has been devloped and published with Lancashire County Council. The aim of the book is to give non PE specialists the knowledge and confidence to deliver Multi-Skills sessions. It has 30 Multi-Skills sessions in, with four easy to follow, progressive activities per session. It comes with a practical course, which is delivered by me. The aim is to show how easy the book is to use, how to differentiate sessions using the STEP technique, and its a lot of fun.
- Consultancy - working with individual schools and assist in improving their PE provision.
If there is anything you would like to discuss, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Email: [email protected]
I am one of the Directors of The Lancaster & Heysham School Sports Network (LHSSN) Community Interest Company (CIC). To see more about LHSSN see About us.
Health and sport have always been a passion of mine. After starting in the leisure industry as a L3 Advanced fitness instructor, personal trainer and gym manager whilst coaching (and playing) in my spare time; gaining a degree; volunteering; and later working in the local council's Sports Development department.
Next came a career in School Sport with The Youth Sport Trust: throughout the years covering Competition Manager, Partnership Development Manager and now in the current guise of School Games Organiser (SGO) based at Our Lady's Catholic College. For more details on the SGO role or to sign your school up, for free, visit yourschoolgames.com. Similarly, if you'd like your school to sign up to LHSSN, or we would like to get involved in anything we offer please contact us.
I have gained qualifications and industry awards throughout this time including, a Masters in Exercise and Health, building on my previous degree and professional experiences. A particular focus was young people's health and their perspectives, behaviours and motivations. Other qualifications include: UK coaching tutor, Level 3 Education & Training, L3 Advanced Trainer, Level 2 Handball and Multiskills, various Level 1's, sports leaders, Lancashire training, and industry awards.
Delivering training or presenting to colleagues, university and college students, or even children as young as 5, is part of the day-to-day role, as is knowledge of Government initiatives relating to PE and health, and many sporting competitions including adapted formats. Delivering diverse activities such as teacher training, sport specific, or even cross-curricular activities combining reading and PE for KS1.
All of which mean between myself, Tim, and our many partners, there's very little we can't help you with either administratively or practically. If there's something you need, just ask!
Examples of support available: Competitions, Inclusion, General School Games, Change4life, Health, 30 Active minutes, administration and reporting within school sport. Or look at providing an SSCO type role should groups of schools want this as an additional offer (fees would vary depending on time/numbers).
We are very much about improving opportunities and continuing a partnership or network for the benefit of all involved!
Telephone: 01524 66689
Mobile: 07966 488617
Email: [email protected]