Non-bookable event, SSN priority.
Specfic schools invited but if you feel you'd like to attend please email: [email protected]
My name is Coady Scott, I am a 3rd year student at the University of Cumbria. I am currently studying Sports Coaching and Physical Education, as part of our degree we are studying an events module which as a team we have to organise and run a community event.
I am pleased to invite you to the year 3 and 4 StreetGames Fit & Fed event we will be holding at the University of Cumbria on Tuesday 31st March 2020 from 11am-2pm at the sports complex. We understand this will take place within the school day however, we hope this will be a valuable experience for the pupils and one they can gain a lot from.
StreetGames Fit & Fed is a national initiative, its aim is to combat the issue of holiday hunger by providing sport to facilitate a positive change in the lives of disadvantaged young people. We aim to tackle the issue in the local Lancaster region by providing those at risk with the opportunity to participate in sport and provide exit routes following the event. The event will be free of charge and a walking bus can be organised with ourselves to save on travel cost.
The day will consist of a circuit of fun and inclusive activities led by sport students from 11am – 1pm followed by a catered lunch, consisting of healthy and nutritious food at 1:15pm - 2pm
The Details are as follows:
· Age group: Year 3 and 4
· 20 places are offered, although, if there is further space after the deadline more spaces will be available
· Limited overall capacity, first come first served- Deadline to enter 9th March
· Access to both indoor and outdoor facilities
· Taster sessions will be provided by ourselves to the school prior to the event
· The event is open to those on free school meals, however, additional pupils are welcome if more convenient eg: part of friendship groups.
· Please confirm with us if you would like to attend the event and number of pupils who will be coming.
· Where one-to-one support is necessary; it will be the school’s responsibility to provide this.
Please email confirmation whether you would or would not like to attend to the address
below. Please also state any dietary requirements the pupils may have. Parking for buses is available, however please let me know in advance. Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch on the contact details listed.
Coady Scott (Chairman)
Email Address: [email protected]
Mobile Number: 07455354027