This is the Semi Competitive Booking option.
I would like to invite your school to enter the Lancaster & Heysham High5 Netball/Bee Stingers at Lancaster & Morecambe College. Thursday 19th May.
The day will be in 2 separate sections as we realise many of schools haven’t been able to do as much netball as in previous years so we are giving you a choice of ‘levels’.
Semi Competitive Netball: 10.00-12.00. Year 4/5/6
Schools should enter this if you’d like to play some friendly matches against different schools, with some flexibility. Although we’ll keep scores of each match we won’t have a single overall winner. Particularly good if you have some keen players who you’d like to give a chance to play perhaps with a view to next year. We will reward pupils on School Games Values so may still receive an award!
Competitive Netball Qualifier: 1.30-4.30. Year 5/6
This is a fully competitive tournament that will act as a feeder for the Lancashire School Games County Finals, meaning the top placed Lancaster and top placed Heysham Schools will have the opportunity of representing Lancaster at the fantastic County event which is on 5th July 2022 at Blackpool’s Stanley Park. Due to times/court space/bookings We will have to cap entries and once it’s full it’s full.
Competition details are as follows:
· Time- 10.00-12.00 OR 1.30pm (prompt) 16.30pm.
· If you are late you may forfeit your first match 2-0.
· Date- Thursday 19th May
· 7-9 players within a squad, consisting of a maximum of 3 boys, with maximum of 2 boys on the court at any one time. Though teams don’t have to contain any boys.
· Schools should clearly indicate which event they entering and the same team should not do both events. 1 team per school. There is a gap between events so pupils won’t necessarily know there are 2 formats if that’s a concern to some.
· Schools are requested to bring their own High 5 bibs where possible to save time.
· Venue is Lancaster and Morecambe College Netball Courts (Outdoor). Please bring suitable clothing and park at the rear of the college (Torrisholme Road entrance) as with all LMC events. No spectators please due to college policies and space.
· High 5 Rotation sheets will be used throughout, apart from any finals where schools can play their strongest team.
· Formats will follow once we know the number of schools involved
· Winners of the competitive event will go forward to represent Lancaster at the Lancashire County Finals at Blackpool’s Stanley Park.
The deadline entry date for this tournament is 9th May. Please can you inform me either way if you will be entering a team or not. Please could you also give approximate numbers of Boys, Girls, SEN, Minority ethnic groups likely to be in your squads?
I look forward to hearing from you.