As part of the University of Cumbria programme, their 3rd year students are delivering an event for local primary schools. These events are always really good and they do a number of 'extras' to make their event standout and gain top marks!.... and it's a Lancashire School Games qualifier! Top Lancaster & Heysham schools qualify. Please contact Stuart with any queries.
You are invited to take part in a year 3/4 Tri Golf event. The event is going to run as a Lancashire School Games qualifier. The Lancashire School Games finals are at Blackpool Stanley Park, 30/6/20. The top placed Lancaster school and the top placed Heysham area school will qualify. The event will take place at Morecambe Golf Club, Tuesday 28th April, from 12pm-3.15pm. Due to the event being held outdoors, if the weather prevents us from holding the event on this date we plan to use Tuesday 5th May as a contingency date.
Details are as follow-
· Age group: year 3 and 4
· Teams: 10 pupils per team (5 boys/5 girls) if you are unable to adhere to this ratio you may still participate but will unfortunately not be able to qualify for the finals
· 1 team per school, if there is any space available once all teams have responded we will offer additional team spaces on a first come first served basis. Please state on this response how many teams you would ideally like to enter.
· The winners (top Lancaster and top Heysham school) of this event will qualify for the Lancashire School Games
· All equipment will be provided
· Please wear appropriate clothing (school PE Kit is fine) including flat soled shoes
Once we have received all team entries a follow up email will be sent to confirm your place at the event and will include pupil medical forms and consent forms which will need to be brought with you on the day of the event. Please let us know in advance if any pupils have special requirements so we can work with the information to plan the activities most effectively. The event will use the usual Tri-Golf activity stations.
Please let us know if you think you’d like to enter a team no later than Friday 13th March. (Due to Easter holidays)