- 5) Our second CPD session will also help with the new way of working and focus on the outdoors with Lancashire PE's Trust and Trails CPD. Taking place at nearby Borwick Hall (parking opposite on the left side of the road as you come in from the roundabout)
October 20th 9:30 – 3:30 with lunch provided. 1 member of staff per school.
Trust and Trails:
• To explore a range of ideas and activities which practitioners can develop for use in their own outdoor setting in Early Years.
• To experience enjoyable, practical sessions through trust activities, trails and challenge with identifiable learning outcomes
• To recognise the benefits of working with children beyond the classroom
• To explore the skills of creating and thinking critically
• To consider risk management in the outdoor learning environment
During the course delegates will explore how learning in the outdoors can support the EYFS requirements and deliver engaging, exciting learning experiences. It will support the knowledge and skills within areas of learning and development in Development Matters
- 6) Much of the work we did over 'lockdown' is still available for everyone at: https://lancashireschoolgames.co.uk/stay-in-work-out/ and includes challenges as well as developmental PE sessions and activities that could be performed in school or at home. We received a lovely email about them from one of our local teachers (Thank you!!!):
Wow the Lancashire Schools Home Learning resources are absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for all the time and hard work that you and the team have put into them. It has made my job much easier and I can’t wait for all our children both in school and still at home to use them this week. Seeing Early Years involved too is great as we are so often missed off these things!
Just click the year group link and then scroll down for the link in the text where it says 'Click here for resources and links'.
Through this work Lancashire's resources have now also been used for the Great British Week of Sport 19-27th September with elements of mental, physical and social wellbeing, and as part of a bigger European School Sports Day :
- 7) Girls football and resources linked to Disney will again be available for all, SSN priority. For those who are interested or were involved last year but need a refresh there's info at: https://girlsfootballinschools.org/ Or feel free to ask and I'll help where I can. I also just ask that you let me know how things are going with it all - once up and running of course.
- 8) We will have some 'virtual' sports competitions coming for you soon (hopefully from next week) in Gymnastics, Dance, Orienteering, Football and Athletics.
We look forward to seeing you all soon and thank you for all your hardwork and support!! We also wish you the best of luck for what will be another 'different' year but I doubt PE and activity has ever been more important to the health and wellbeing of our young people.. let's get them moving again!!